Sunday 19 October 2014

Not a lazy Sunday.


Wow, a post before midnight, not very common. (ACTUALLY ITS NOW AFTER MIDNIGHT... i got distracted!)
I am now starting to get incredibly excited for the end of this month!
It was always a dream when i was younger to be famous and to be a singer, a musician, an author, an actress. Something big and fancy and fun sounding! Of course they are only dreams and in reality very rarely happen. Unless you are lucky right?
Well i know i'm not a lucky person. I have suffered many many illnesses and suffered from depression and anxiety for at least five years. Bullied all my life for how i looked or what i wore. That kind of thing brings someone down. It almost stops their heart in hoping anymore. In wishing and dreaming.

I stopped wishing and dreaming, i felt all i could do was dream. With low self esteem issues, self-loath and problems with confidence, things as big as being a musician or a author was a massive far away dream. So whats the point?

Then my life was given a chance. I found a place that gave me an opportunity. I know i haven't mentioned it properly, or described it and such.
So i have done a few exhibitions, mostly visual and including creating pieces of photography and editing them. Over time music was an introduced project and i found myself wanting to play piano.

BUT now.... now i sing. And its completely different. I have had to come out of my comfort zone and i have now performed and sang in a event associated around World War one. And NOW we have set up a band and we are making music and we have our first gig at the end of the month.

I wrote one song, ended up singing it, and now i sing in almost all the songs we have (including other singers too mind.) We are hoping to tour around the UK with this concept of raising awareness of rights for young people and hopefully maybe go to Brussels where the EU won't be able to ignore us!

Now that's a dream!

Today was not a lazy Sunday,we made the most of our time and went and did extra band practice and it was great! we got through all the songs, we only had a few band members but it didn't stop us, we ended up singing bohemian rhapsody and Tom playing it on piano was amazing, it was great having fun and enthusiastic people around you, helping and supporting you!

With enthusiasm and positivism and the right kind of people around you, you can achieve anything you maybe once dreamed about.
I have just recently came out of a relationship, it was long and heartbreaking and i was torn limb from limb and called names and cheated on and hurt in many ways, but i didn't want to come out of crying and dragging myself around, i knew i had to focus on making my future brighter. Because to be honest i've just came out of a very dark tunnel, and i'm not going back!


And thats how you have to think to get anywhere in life. You make your own happiness!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Sophie:

    That is great news! I wish you much success with your band. It seems like you have found something to be tremendously passionate about and that is always a wonderful thing.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Thanks for Posting your blog, ill check it out! :D

      Delete
  2. Followed you! Follow me? 2015fifaworldcup.blogspot.com is my blog.

    ReplyDelete