Thursday 9 October 2014

Productive day!

Getting woke up with breakfast in bed is the best, it makes up for the fact i was awoken at half seven in the morning! Sipping my tea and trying to force my eyes open, in my mind i wanted to curl back up and sleep again but i knew in my bones today was going to be a good day.

I actually wrote today's events down in my notebook so i wouldn't forget. Its ten past two in the morning here now, and for some reason though i have been awake since half seven this day hasn't felt like it has dragged, in fact i was shocked to look at my clock and see the time was two!

I have to be up early again tomorrow for another exciting day!

So for most of the week, my days have been draggy and long and boring. Today was a day full of busy busy busy.
Leaving for the bus at half nine, i got to the studio at about five past ten in the morning. The bus journeys are always long, going out of the suburb neighborhood, around the moorland and into town and through it. Finally getting off the bus and arriving at the studio, i am greeting and told of the plans of the day, recording.

We have two songs needing recording and i am learning how to use the Pro Tools software. Every time it comes to singing especially in the morning my voice sounds almost croaky and dry. Mornings are not a good time for my voice. After some Voice exercises, we are ready to record. Songs i wont say right now!
We only have a week or so left to get all the recordings done for the album to be done. When i say all the recording, i mean all the instruments in every song, from guitar to bass, even the ocarina is played somewhere! Its a proper hard working band. Not a group of singers, singing over some edited computer styled music.

After a while, i decided to create a 'creative response on photographs taken to represent our album and the meaning and definition if you like, to what we and our music is about.

Our music is based towards rights for Young People. To change how young people are seen, how the law treats young people, make people aware of how young people feel - you get the picture.

I did a silly collage over a picture of a white and yellow brick wall sort of photograph, i did the album name in black and did different colored felt like paper pieces around it like almost coming out, hard to explain, but it reminded me of the sex pistols kind of punk style.

Anyways my idea was like a proper cheesy version!

We have our artistic Director who is also an actress respectively and she had a performance downstairs in the pub stage space, so we all went down to give her support. Her Piece 'Doorbells of Delight' was a view on how our communities are, and how we see and treat each other in our communities, also the element of how older people react to things in their communities including 'Teen Dragons' which was one of the songs played in the piece.
Claire,  Tim who played Accordion and John who played the Cello, played several songs during the whole thing, all incredibly creative and clever. It was a very heart warming play, and Claire even acted as a old lady (wearing a wig and glasses) and did a rap! It was very humorous and brilliantly written!

In the afternoon, heading back to the session we learned how to do Lead Sheets for our songs, Pete told us to place a treble clef next to the lines, i did mine backwards first time (doh!), but once i realized i drew them with no mistakes! Over all was a very laid back and chilled day, and enjoyed the social aspect of it also.

Didn't leave till about half 6, waited twenty minutes for a bus, and by then it was dark.

I have no source of entertainment on the bus journey home, no headphones, no phone, no nothing. Im left with only my mind and thoughts for company. I sat and thought about how tired i was and as my stomach rumbled away i gazed up towards the moon over the moor lands, it was a beautiful sight. Ever so slightly behind the clouds, she was so powerful and bright, so very perfect she is!

Was a lovely end to the day.

Its half two in the morning now, and my eyes are heavy! So sleep for me and an early day again for me tomorrow! Until then - !

No comments:

Post a Comment