Saturday 11 October 2014

World Mental Health Day.

So yesterday i was so tired when i got home, i could not be bothered to blog.
So i will do it now instead.

Apparently it was world Mental Health day.
Something i feel strongly about as i suffer from depression and an anxiety disorder.
But i have a friend, a best friend, who has anxiety a lot worse than me! We arranged to hang out at the local 'mall' and do a bit of shopping. We haven't hung out properly in ages and it was going to be exciting.

First i had headed off to the studio at eleven to see the guys. We were learning lead sheets, which if anyone is into music or plays an instrument in a band for example, you will know they are pretty important little pieces of paper. After doing this, we had our Leadership meeting, talking about our gig details at the end of the month and such. After that we did our band practice and that is my favorite time of the session as its so much fun!
Anyways - blah blah, session ended at four and i left as soon as to go meet my best friend in the busy city. I hate the city in general as its so full of people, and me and people don't get on very well. Loud ones; ignorant ones, careless ones, selfish ones, clueless ones, the list could go on.
I found my friend and we waited for the bus to the mall and i had one idea on what i was going to buy, a bath mat for my flat.


Five hours later, i bought everything BUT. I bought a couple of tops, incense cones, make up, my friend bought some awesome boots with buckles with skulls on and they were around £50 !

All in all, what i am trying to say, my point is this...

My best friend of eight years, has not been on a bus on her own for two years, and today she did it to meet me in town! that is a great achievement! I used to be scared of buses, so i know how hard it can be when your anxious over things that are maybe necessary for your day to day life.

And just the fact i found out it was World Mental Health day yesterday too, has made yesterday just that little bit more extra special now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment