Saturday 25 October 2014

You don't need the Internet to have fun.


So don't need the internet to have fun. Today proved that. For someone who spends practically every day and sometimes almost hour of the day on the internet, on my laptop, today was a nice change.
So currently i do not own a mobile. I did have a Samsung s3 but it broke, or to be more precise, it got sudden death syndrome, where it basically went off and wouldn't turn back on again!

So i have had to get used to not owning a phone for a little while now. At first it was difficult but over time i have just got used to it. And so whenever i go out away from my parents house, i am not only phone less, but internet less, because i had unlimited Mobile Data.

So i got carpet layed yesterday and so i thought i must go shopping for home ware items for my flat, to make it in to more of a, well, a home! So me and my friend Ryan went to the local stores,
I bought everything from a fluffy throw, cushions, a storage box, mugs, clothes rack, cutlery, bath mat, new silky bed sheets and more!

Anyways, spent at least £60 all together, got everything to my flat, put all the furniture in the right places (because it was all crammed into the Kitchen for when the carpet men were laying down the carpet) and bam i have myself a nice home!

Made us some sweet tea and we sat down and relaxed.
So from half two in the afternoon to now four, no internet... had fun.

From this point, we find entertainment in looking at an old yearbook i found, an astrology book, cards (even though we didn't get round to playing any card games), listening to music and generally just having a laugh and chatting!

It started getting dark outside, still no need for the internet, and eventually it came to nine o'clock and i had to go back to my mams house. Because though i could of stayed at my flat, in reality, its just not the same without internet and i honestly missed it!

How much internet influences and plays a big part in peoples day to day lives now is unreal. And having a break from it even if it was just for around seven hours, was nice.
To focus on the things around us instead, books, and music and other things that we maybe don't pay attention to as much when we have the internet at our fingertips.

Though i will be probably getting internet in my flat soon, at least i can say, you certainly don't need the internet to have fun and properly have fun with friends! :) 

Almost half one now, im super tired and need to sleep for band practice tomorrow!
Happy happy happy.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm currently working on putting my mobile devices aside in the evenings (ipad, phone, etc) to actually spend time with the hubby. The internet is awesome, but it's also kind of scary how addictive it can be lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! I kept feeling like i needed to check my social media! Mind you, not checking my internet for so long, made me come back to tonnes of inboxes so it definitely made me feel more popular haha !

      Delete